Saturday, July 14, 2018

Y'Voltus the Empyrean

It's been some time since my last post here. Nobody knows this is an actual blog that I'm using as a place holder until I release The Sword Marches skirmish book in a year or so.

That being said, I like to update names, ideas, and other bits of original material for copyright purposes if nothing else.

Today's addition comes in the concept for a Supernatural (Avatar) Warlord with the backstory that he is a living embodiment of the fallen Solariphim X'Ar'Ziel the Almighty.

As an Empyrean, Y'Voltus walks among the races of the Sword Marches with a more aloof attitude than his Fae'dred companions. He can use his divine inheritance to hurl bolts of lightning at his foes until he gets within reach of his greatsword.

I'm using all Tom Meier elf figures from Ral Partha circa 1979-1982-ish. I like the idea of being true to a sculptor, especially one of his caliber. I had a Julie Guthrie Grenadier wizard in there, but opted for the Tom Meier elf wizard instead to keep everything true to form.

I will post painted pics if I get them done in time before my bicep surgery.

Also had a thought for a circle of knights that protected/worshipped/used some type of magical book or tome. Knights of the Eldritch Order of the Grimoire came to mind. Grimoire Knights for short.

Other bits:

The Gorgon Conclave
The Jaeger Tree
Cannibal Wizard Cult
Hermegistus - Greatest Alchemist of the Ages Source of Hermetic Weapons
Cephalon Soulfang Assassin

Til next time,

Bob Faust


No comments:

Post a Comment